- This event has passed.
Two days (Ages 6+)
15th July 2021 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm$275
Imagine your child dealing with mistakes and facing worries with confidence and a growth mindset. In this two day art and play program, kids will explore the art of being and thinking like a Mistake Maker through:
· creating three “make- something-great-from-a-mistake” art projects;
· learning strategies to think with a growth mindset and react with confidence and resilience when mistakes happen;
· learning about famous Mistake Makers in history; and
· improving their problem solving skills by doing STEM creative challenges.
They will learn these skills and let their creativity flow as they complete artsy activities of Zen tangling, painting, drawing to scale, calming colouring in, weaving and clay. Not only will your kid learn some new art skills they will also learn resilience and mindfulness techniques to calm down when BIG emotions strike.
It’s the perfect school holiday experience in Perth for any creative mind!
At the end of this class, kids will be left feeling creatively fulfilled, and armed with new skills to be able to continue on their artistic journey. Your child will also get to take home their three art pieces that will act as powerful reminders of how to conquer mistakes long after the paint dries.
The two day program will give kids the Breath, Admit and Think tool to help them react when mistakes strike and give them:
• confidence and perspective to face mistakes;
• a language to identify how they are feeling and thinking when they make mistakes; and.
• strategies for dealing with mistakes confidently.
• The BAT (Breathe Admit and Think) tool will help kids react with more confidence when mistakes strike.
This beginner-friendly art class is a fun experience for any kids looking to try out a new creative hobby or parents searching for fun things to do with kids in Perth.
This fun workshop is for all skill levels.
What you’ll get
We will engage your children for two consecutive days in this entertaining and thought provoking workshop.
Kids will take home all of their finished art pieces, as well as the special tips and tricks they’ve learnt in the class.
Parents will receive a copy of the BAT tool with parent information sheet to support their children deal with mistakes after the program.
What to bring
Kids need to bring a water bottle, morning tea, a nut-free lunch and their imagination. BYO a willingness to try learn from mistakes! Dress for mess, aprons provided.
This is a fun indoor activity, suitable for kids (minimum 6 years old). Adult accompaniment is not required.