- This event has passed.
Thought Challenger Program –
I am Grateful (Age 6-12)
16th October 2017 @ 4:45 pm - 5:45 pm$185
The theme this term is I am GRATEFUL.
Life is full of challenges even in childhood. This 8-week program uses art to help develop strong and confident children who can bounce back from the inevitable frustrations of growing up.
– develop social and life skills such as learning from mistakes and thinking optimistically;
– create art and craft on their own, as well as in a team, using a mix of free art play and structured lessons;
– try new things and be challenged to problem solve;
– explore resilience themes through art and STEM challenges;
– take home resources for fun based discussion with their family and carers.
Kids will explore optimism and gratitude which is the ability to be thankful for the good, express thanks and feel blessed. These strengths are vital for mentally strong kids. Children will be challenged to practice random acts of kindness and develop strategies for practicing gratitude.
In the lead up to the Christmas season, kids will produce art pieces that will be given as presents to the special people in their life. We will also explore that there is so much more to being grateful for than presents during the holiday season.
Our final class will be an opportunity for families to join our class, do some art and admire the art work that has been produced.