- This event has passed.
Thought Challenger Program
I am Amazing (Age 6-12)
24th July 2017 @ 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Life is full of challenges even in childhood. This 8-week program uses art to help develop strong and confident children who can bounce back from the inevitable frustrations of growing up.
– develop social and life skills such as learning from mistakes and thinking optimistically;
– create art and craft on their own, as well as in a team, using a mix of free art play and structured lessons;
– try new things and be challenged to problem solve;
– explore resilience themes through art, craft, storytelling and challenges;
– learn the value of sustainability through the use of new and recycled art supplies;
– take home resources for fun based discussion with their family.
The theme this term is I AM AMAZING!
Kids will explore self-esteem and the language of self-confidence, two concepts critical for resilient kids. They will be encouraged through painting, sculpting and drawing to produce art that celebrates how truly amazing and unique they are.
Our final class will be an opportunity for families to join our class, do some art and admire the art work that has been produced.