- This event has passed.
Loom Weaving with Stitched In Twine
Sun 14 January @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm$145
Come learn the art of Loom Weaving with Stitched In Twine.
This is a full morning of creating (4 hours) with the wonderful Liana, an experienced fibre artist and modern weaver.
In this beginners’ workshop, you’ll:
– Be provided with everything you need to create a woven wall hanging
– Receive a printed instruction booklet
– Receive a loom, warp and tapestry needle that are yours to keep
– Be introduced to different types of fibers
– Have a huge selection of fibres to choose from and get to take home your leftover fibre so you can keep creating
– Learn how to warp a loom
– Discover four essential stitching techniques for frame loom weaving
– Explore variations of these stitches
– Master the art of finishing and hanging your woven wall hanging
– Enjoy nibbles and a glass of bubbles
You’ll walk away with a wall hanging crafted by your own hands. You also get to keep your loom, warp, remaining fibres, tapestry needle and instruction booklet so you can continue to create at home.